In 2019, we began to Change the Course of OKC. We listened to your feedback and are proud to announce the 2020 courses with the NEW Finish Line in Scissortail Park! Here’s how it’s going down!
In celebration of the new course release, we invite you to participate in our Course Photo Hunt! For 26.2 hours, you and your friends will find 9 different locations along the new course. Using the Course Photo Hunt section of the app, you’ll take a selfie at each of the 9 landmark locations. If you have automatic updates enabled and the Marathon app installed, you’ll be updated before then. Otherwise, search the app store for okcMarathon!
Complete the hunt and share it on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter using #RUNtoREMEMBER for a chance to win one of 20 FREE race registrations.
The Course Photo Hunt kicks off at the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum on October 25, at 12 pm.
Be among the first to see the 2020 courses at our new Finish Line, Scissortail Park! The Course Reveal Party starts 26.2 hours after the Photo Hunt at 2:12 pm on Saturday, October 26. It begins with Yoga in the Park taught by local runner Betina Wills, local training group information, samples of the 2020 Finish Line beer, food trucks and all Scissortail Park has to offer. The event is free, but we kindly ask that you bring a pair of socks to benefit Cleats for Kids, a local non-profit empowering kids through sports.
Mark your calendars for a weekend packed with Marathon fun.
Photo Hunt Official Rules
- Participants must take a selfie at each of the nine landmarks on the NEW 2020 course and post the completed image on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter using #RUNtoREMEMBER using the okcMarathon App to be entered into a drawing to win one of 20 race registrations.
- WATCH THE CLOCK. Participants will have 26 hours and 12 minutes (26.2) starting on Friday, October 25th at 12:00 PM CST until Saturday, October 26th at 2:12PM CST to complete the Course Photo Hunt. All photos MUST be captured during the stated times – any participants who take photos outside of the 26.2 hours will be disqualified and not be eligible to win.
- PLAY FAIR. Have fun and try to win, but do not let your competitive instincts drive you to ruin other participants’ chances to win. If you do, your team will be disqualified. This includes (but is not limited to) – lying, cheating or stealing other participants’ entries.
- BE SAFE. It is never OK to put anyone’s life at risk for the Course Photo Hunt. Be careful and aware of your surroundings and crossing the streets.
- Treat the landmarks and neighborhoods as if you lived there. Please respect other participants and those not involved in the Course Photo Hunt.
- BUCKLE UP. If participants are driving to each landmark in a car, everyone needs to wear seat belts and should not text and drive. If any pictures are submitted from inside a car, your submission will not be accepted.
- FOLLOW THE LAW. The Course Photo Hunt is for fun, but you must do so legally! If you break any laws during the duration of the Course Photo Hunt, your submission will be disqualified.
- HAVE FUN. We hope that you enjoy getting out and seeing the city and landmarks on the NEW 2020 Course. For an extra submission, share your Course Photo Hunt on Instagram tag us @okcMarathon and use #RUNtoREMEMBER.
All winning Course Photo Hunt participants must redeem race entries at the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon Course Launch Event at Scissortail Park on Saturday, October 26th